10 DIY sunburst mirrorsPosted: September 3, 2012
I completed the Netherlands trifecta last Friday. I biked for 30 minutes in the rain to a thrift store. I feel like I should’ve been awarded a Dutch residence permit right then and there.
But all my effort wasn’t for nothing. I rode there with a purpose — nay — a destiny.
Ever since I saw it and passed it up, I had been thinking about it. What had I been thinking passing up a large circle mirror for only €5? The thrift store gods were smiling down on me and I just snubbed my nose at them.
Apparently, the gods considered my long wet bike ride a worthy sacrifice, though, because the mirror was still there almost a week later. Phew!
When we got it home, I promptly took a razor to it since the prior owner hadn’t taken much care when they painted it and there were little spots and flecks of brown paint on the surface of the mirror. Also, that price tag needed to come off. Why they don’t put those ridiculously-sticky price tags in more inconspicuous places I will never know.
So now that it’s all clean, I just have to figure out what to do with it. It’s really large and heavy, so we can’t add anything that would make it much heavier on the wall. I’m thinking sunburst mirror, but there are hardly any ideas about how to DIY those.
Haha, of course that’s not true. There are tons. It seems you can take just about anything and arrange it into a circle around a mirror.
Here are 10 things you can make sun- (or star!) burst mirrors out of:
- Plastic spoons: How to Make A Decorative Chrysanthemum Mirror out of plastic spoons!
- Wood shims: sunburst mirror DIY
- Dowel rods: DIY Starburst Mirror
- Clothespins: Circle Mirror
- Poster board: How to Make a Sunburst Mirror
- BBQ skewers: My Sunburst Mirror
- Paint stir sticks: DIY: Paint Stick Sunburst Mirror
- Tree branches: A Sunburst Mirror Project
- Cardboard: Recycled Cereal Box Sunburst Mirror
- Forks, butter knives and spoons: A Starburst Mirror for the Dining Room
We’re gonna do something a little bit different with ours, though. She’s all taped up and ready for action!